Friday, April 13, 2007

11 Spring St - Episode II: Slideshow

My non-swedish peeps have asked what that long Swedish dialogue is about... The truth is that it is about one of the coolest things that happened in NYC... so I figured that I'd better make a post in English about it. Here goes...

One day when I was walking around in NYC I found my self on Spring Street. I recognized the street name from Juxtapoz. A few months earlier the Wooster Collective had made an amazing event inviting artists from all over the world, Juxtapoze published an article about it. Now everything was being ripped down and covered up as the house was being turned into fancy appartments. I was let in by Baltazar who showed me around all the five floors, and I got to talk to his boss Malcolm who managed the building.




I was offered to buy the big "Che" piece with the skull but Baltazar got second thoughts and when I talked to Malcolm he wanted to contact D*face to see if it was ok to sell it. I had my friend Robbii on stand by with a truck while waiting for Malcolm to call me back. He never did and I had to take off to San Francisco. But I am so happy I got to see 11 Spring St. and take some photos before it was all destroyed.

11Spring St R.I.P...

No comments: